Work From Home (WFH): Embracing Remote Work
Work From Home, often abbreviated as WFH, also known as "remote work", has gained popularity in recent years and has transformed the traditional office work paradigm. But what does it entail, and how does it work in reality?
What is Work From Home (WFH)?
WFH is the concept of performing one’s job from home rather than a conventional workplace like an office. A few years back, it wasn’t very common to work from home, but post-pandemic, it has proven to be both feasible and beneficial for employees to work from home either full-time or part-time.
It’s straightforward: instead of commuting to the office daily, you ‘log in’ to your work via your computer at home.
What is Required?
To effectively work from home, you need:
- A stable and fast internet connection
- A computer
- A mobile phone
- The right technical infrastructure
- You can read more about the right technical solutions further down.
Benefits of WFH
- Flexibility: Many find it easier to balance work and personal life when working from home.
- No Commuting: Save time and money by avoiding daily trips to and from the workplace.
- Customized Work Environment: Design and adapt your home workspace just the way you want it.
Challenges of WFH
- Lack of Social Interaction: Working from home can be lonely without the presence of colleagues.
- Discipline Difficulties: Some may find it harder to focus on work in a home environment.
- Technical Troubles: If the internet connection fails or the computer breaks down, assistance is not immediately available.
How Companies Use Lynes
Today, we assist over 5,000 companies with the right tool for remote work. Our app consolidates company switchboard, chat, video meetings, and collaboration in a single interface.
This way, users save time, companies save money, and employees are provided with the right technical infrastructure to work from home.